Monday, July 19, 2010

Work Party!

We have some of the greatest friends in the world. 

Mid-week Jack and I found ourselves getting discouraged with the sheer amount of work yet to be done, and after a few slow days, plus the heat taking its toll on us, we were getting pretty down. 

Enter some faithful friends who were willing to give up an evening to come to a work party! Not only did we actually accomplish a ton of stuff, but the morale boost for Jack and me was huge.

Phil and Li'l J are our perpetual heroes. 


 Daniela helps tackle the piles of junk;




Susannah and I and Sarah (who took the picture) paint doors:





Remember the floor from you-know-where that was in the bathroom upstairs? Yeah, it was also in the entire kitchen, entryway, and hall. Enter Li'l J, our demo guru, and our cousin Johnny, who not only takes apart floors but does it in his bare feet.





Believe it or not, after all of that (and standing in the bed of the truck, still with bare feet, dumping rubble all over the place) the cuts that Johnny sustained were all on his arms -- nothing on his feet. 
  
I believe I mentioned that the insulation in the attic helped with the temperature in the house. Well, it had for a bit, and I think the heat must have been very offended, because it fought back with a vengeance. These last few days have been awful, and the attic in particular is brutal. I was pretty much up there only long enough to take the picture. Bless these guys. (Jack and Li'l J in particular were up there for hours.) We estimate that it's about 130 degrees up there.



We also painted some trim:



And at the end of the day, of course.... PIZZA! (And I do mean the end of the day. This was pretty late.)



Thank you, Lord, for friends like these. We love you guys!!

3 comments:

  1. Great job!! wow, soooo hot in there! I would have enjoyed helping at the work party- invite me next time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys truly are blessed with good friends. Trying to think up a way to have a work party of my own... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks awesome!! It looks like we are going to be coming up there for the reunion in November...will you guys be there I hope??

    ReplyDelete