Thursday, October 28, 2010

An actual update

Okay, I've been fully shamed into this update. I admit it - I've been woefully bad and I'm ashamed of myself. My only excuse is that our lives when Jack started up school again shifted to truly insane and we haven't exactly finished a project since, which can be discouraging when thought of in those terms. We have made a ton of progress on multiple fronts, and we love and are super grateful for this house. But going from having like 100 hours a week to work on the house to maybe 4 a week does mean the blogging slows down too. Hopefully some more robust posts should be on their way over Christmas break. 

And while I mention school, I'm going to interject here to brag on my boy: Jack is working so hard and I'm so proud of him -- he's been getting perhaps 3 hours of sleep a night for weeks now, but his incredibly faithful work is paying off as he's at the top of all his classes. God is sustaining him, and we are both learning very good lessons, me in particular, about letting go of "needing" to have things done, or even to get things done, in order to be happy. God is the strength of our lives, and our portion forever -- not having a living room.

That being said, however, we do want to have a living room as soon as possible because we want to be able to open our home to friends. Right now, inviting people over would scare them. 

So, that is our current situation and story. We're working along on stuff slowly and steadily, and planning to pack a lot into winter break. I do intend to try to post things, most likely about once a week, with some updates on what we are doing... but I warn our dear readers, they'll be kinda boring compared to the summer progress. 

And since just words is pretty boring, I will post one picture here, which is not house-related at all but will make this post more interesting. It's from a fall festival at a small town in Pennsylvania, the visiting of which is our annual October tradition, along with visiting my parents. 

Also, it proves that we truly haven't fallen off the face of the earth, despite what my abysmal posting record would imply. 

Also, just to be honest here, I feel that I was having a fairly good hair day, which happens approximately 3 times per presidential administration, so I figured I could weasel in this pic to combat all the lovely pics from the summer with the painty clothes and the normal (read: hideous) hair days.



Thanks to everyone who's been asking me to post... it means a lot to us that you guys care. I promise, my goal is a post per week. :) Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. you never call you never write

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Aunt Donna: Thank goodness you have started to write again. i love reading about the progress but i like Juli's witticisms more and smiling is always good for me. How wonderful you both are for each other and for all of us who love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks, Aunt Donna! That's quite an honor. I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Everyone is so encouraging... it means a lot. We love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, a good hair day indeed. :)
    praying for you, friends!

    ReplyDelete